Ruger® AR-556® MPR 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington Semi-automatic Rifle
Ruger AR 556 mpr
It’s the wildly popular AR-556® you know and love, but with a few key enhancements that make it easier to shoot and a lot easier to love. Like the original, the AR-556 MPR is built around a forged 7075-T6 aluminum receiver and cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome moly barrel, delivering rock-solid durability and performance.
However, unlike the original, the AR-556 MPR comes standard with a compact, lightweight B5 Bravo collapsible stock and B5 Type 23 pistol grip. The original heat shield handguard has also been replaced with a much better “Lite” 13.5″ free-float handguard with M-LOK attachment slots. And perhaps most importantly, the original single-stage trigger has been replaced with the outstanding Elite-452TM 2-stage trigger, offering a crisp, consistent 4.5-lb. trigger pull and 30% faster lock time than standard triggers. Yet despite all these improvements, the AR-556 MPR is STILL highly affordable. That makes it a home run in our book.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning
- The Ruger Elite 452 AR-Trigger is a 2-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull
- Full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers
- B5 Bravo collapsible stock is lightweight and compact
- B5 Type 23 pistol grip features an increased vertical angle compared to the A2, and has an extended tang
- “Lite” 13.5″ free-float handguard has M-LOK slots at 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing
- Ruger® muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement
- Barrel is threaded 1/2×28 for standard muzzle accessories
- 1:8″ twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains
- Rifle-length gas system provides smoother operation and reduces felt recoil.
- Includes (1) 30-rd. PMAG®
Order Ruger AR 556 mpr today!
Key Specifications for ruger ar-556 mpr
- Item Number: 716984
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington
- Action: Semi-automatic/direct impingement
- Capacity: 30+1
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Barrel Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Stock: B5 Bravo collapsible
- Length of pull: 11.13-14.38″
- Upper Receiver: Forged 7075-T6, Type III hardcoat anodized
- Lower Receiver: Forged 7075-T6, Type III hardcoat anodized
- Pistol Grip: B5 Type 23
- Sights (front/rear): Optics-ready
- Fire Control: Elite-452 trigger
- Handguard: 13.5″ free-float with M-Lok slots
- Flash hider: Ruger radial port
- Overall Length: 33-36.25″
- Overall Weight: 6.7 lbs.
- Mfg. Number: RUG 8542
- UPC: 736676085422